Skip to main content

Summer Getaway Vibes

How to feel like you are vacation even if you not on one?

 

Put on a pretty summer dress, put on your summer accessories, grab pizza ( or ice-cream or tacos or everything – you don’t really have to choose) and head to the beach ( or park or your backyard! )

We came back from a vacation in Florida and it was pure joy. Whenever I am planning for a trip, I love taking a trip to the mall to shop for the season ( or whether I am heading for a vacation ) and moreover, to get inspiration by just walking around, checking out the stores, drawing inspiration from store windows ( some really do a fabulous job with their displays).

I stopped by The Shops at Chestnut Hill and couldn’t help but step into the Kate Spade store. Like so many women, I have a special connection to my first Kate Spade bag and the store in this property is just everything that the brand stands for – vibrant pieces, classics with a twist and lot of color. I bought this classic gingham Riley tote, I have a thing for gingham print and this is just perfect to pair with a pretty summer dress.

Since summer plans can simply be summed up into spending time in the sun, I always pay attention to my skin and ensuring that it is properly protected and well hydrated. I have a breakout-phobia from my teenage days ( and also adult life – ughh  ), that if I don’t treat it well, it will punish me with breakouts.  I love L’Occitane as many of you already know –  this cream is my absolute favorite and is like a little blob of luxury in my daily skin routine. I picked out the Aqua Reotier Ultra Thirst-Quenching Gel – it basically acts like a magnet to recharge the skin with water. I have been using it on top of my daily moisturizer and love how it leaves the face feel soft and hydrated.

My summer wardrobe mainly consists of dresses – throw them on and you are ready to go! J.Crew always captures the perfect combination of in-trend and timeless classic and this tie-shoulder cotton dress that I picked out from the Burlington Mall store, is no different. I also loved this eyelet dress and this super cute round basket bag. These retro sunglasses are also a nice summer staple.

If you know me well, you know that I would never make a trip to the mall and not stop for some taco indulgence. And even if I am not shopping, I’ll just go in for the fried plantains. And chips and salsa. And guacamole at the Besito Mexican restaurant. With its upscale ambience, authentic flavors and so many seasonal options ( vegetarian included! ) – I love dining there.

 

Shop vacation ready pieces

 

 

Thank You to Burlington Mall and The Shops at Chestnut Hill for partnering on this post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.