Skip to main content

Looking back at 2016

As the year comes to a close, I tend to look back and reflect on how the year went.  True to the cliched roller coaster ride, this one came with its share of ups and downs. More downs. But there were  celebrations, and the tribulations , the time with loved ones, setbacks, opportunities put my way  – a power packed year !

Here are some highlights of the year ( in no particular order ) – blog wise and well… otherwise.

Our trip to Ireland! It had been on our list for quite some time and I am so glad that we were able to do it in the Fall. We were so thankful for this opportunity to  explore this beautiful part of the world together and share it with all of you. See our Ireland trip video here.

I am so grateful to reach a point where we needed and could have a dedicated space for the blog. See the office tour here.

We started decorating our home and had a blast doing it together. I am grateful that all of you are joining me as I add variety in my content. I started with doing just personal outfit posts when I started the blog, but with time, I made LovePlayingDressup a space for sharing my lifestyle – with content across fashion to travel to decor and more. And I am truly thankful to ALL OF YOU for coming along with me.

Patio & Pool Side Decor

Guest Bedroom

Living Room

I also launched my YouTube channel and loved making the behind-the-scene and reveal videos. Dont forget to subscribe here – there is so much video content that I am working on for 2017  =))

Seeing the blog’s name, Amit’s photography and my picture right in the middle of the Burlington Mall on a Billboard was a surreal moment. By God’s grace, blessings and support of my family and love from each one of you – I received so many wonderful opportunities this year, worked with brands that I love and was honored to work with,  met some wonderful people and made some amazing friendships.

 

Trips to India are always special. This year, although we went just for a few days  – the trip was nothing short of therapeutic. Spending time with family and close friends is just what the soul needs. It has been a tough year for us and my health had taken a big downward toll. Waking up next to my husband everyday is a blessing – his strength is what keeps us strong. He is my partner in crime, shares my love for travel, is my business partner and moreover – my best friend! He amazes me with his patience and strength every single day and for that I feel very fortunate. My mom was able to come down to Boston for 10 days and spend time with us, nurse me back.  We had the best time – going for manicures, high-teas and watching gilmore girls. I cannot even begin to share what the support of family means to us. I did not share any of these issues with you guys because I truly want to manifest positivity through my voice . But life happens! Coming out with strength and keeping the faith intact is the message I want to share with you all.

Here are some of my personal favorite looks from 2016

Dress can be found here

Dress & Shoes

yellow rain jacket

one shoulder dress

Cheers to a fabulous 2017! x0 Neha

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.