Skip to main content

Do what makes you feel good

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-1Happy New Year!

 Outfit details: White button down shirt, Feather skirt ( similar in black & white ),  Black opaque tights, Ukies Mary Jane Flats  – c/o, Ellie Kai Audrey Coat – c/o , Bow-tie, Ear muffs , RayBan sunnies, Lipstick       

I have a good feeling about 2016 kids & I hope you are excited about this one as well.

Like each year, I am not making any new year resolutions, because if you ask me, first they are nothing but conversation starters and topics for laughter later in the year ( sometimes that is the second day of the year! ) But instead, I try to make conscious efforts towards little things.  If I falter seven times, I get up eight because atleast there is awareness – with no pressure. That makes it so much easier.

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-6 LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-5 LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-8LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-3LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-2

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-9

Lately, I have been trying to go easy on my feet and ditch my heels every once in a while.  In school, heels were for not having to stand in the first row ( true story of the shortest girl in class! ), in the teens I wanted to be in  heels to be like the models walking the ramp and now its about walking ahead with what gives comfort and makes me feel good. These mary janes from Ukies are a great option for wearing to work with sheath dresses or skirts and more importantly – wearing them all day! ( Read about their patented technology here ).

Now that might be something I am willing to break my no-resoutions rule for – To choose feeling good over everything else – then be it fashion choices or relationship demands, career decisions or social commitments – I want to choose what makes me happy and not what social norms or magazine trends call for! What might look good on someone might not make you feel hundred percent yourself or what worked for someone might not be the right track for you. Getting inspired is great but going with the flow is not! 

One of the best reasons we should be practicing that – because with that there is no room for regret. How can you not be happy about something that made you feel good and be happy in the first place!

With that note, I hope you have a wonderful 2016! 

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-ukies-Ellie Kai-Jacket-4

Outfit details: White button down shirt, Feather skirt ( similar in black & white ),  Black opaque tights, Ukies Mary Jane Flats  – c/o, Ellie Kai Audrey Coat – c/o , Bow-tie, Ear muffs , RayBan sunnies, Lipstick       

 

A  big Thank You for Ukies for partnering on this post
 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

 

Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.