Skip to main content

Pay It Forward this Holiday Season

It is just six weeks until Christmas (What?! ) Are you already in execution mode scouting the net and the malls for gifts? Giving gifts is definitely one of my favorite things about the holidays but this year, with Zoe in our lives – I want to start a new tradition as a family. A tradition of thinking beyond the tangible gifts. Gifts that could make a difference in someone’s life!

I remember, as kids, my brother and I would accompany mom and dad to an orphanage in the city and distribute food packets, gifts, clothes collected from donation drives to the kids. It wasn’t just during the holidays, but also on each of our birthday mornings, we would go together and distribute sweets and cut the cake with our friends at the orphanage. I loved that little tradition we had. Mom always reminded us the importance of giving back to the community in whatever little way we could.

“Happiness never decreases by being shared.”

 This year, I am proud to partner with HP on a campaign that inspires you to Reinvent Giving (#ReinventGiving). To think about selfless acts and unexpected gifts that might be intangible yet impactful. The thought that there are people in the world, who have to choose between food and diapers, breaks my heart. As a mom, the idea of making diapers available to underprivileged kids really hit home. Amit and I are helping conduct a diaper drive in our neighborhood and will be giving the diaper boxes and donations collected to a local organization that delivers them to a bank. I used the HP Spectre X360’s inking capability to create the posters to spread the word.

The values that my parents gave us about helping the underprivileged and the little things we did together as a family to give back to the community, warms my heart even today. I hope that now as a mother myself, I am able to pass on those values of kindness and giving back, to my little girl.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind

 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of HP. All opinions are my own.

 

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Are we friends yet? Sign up for the newsletter here 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360