Skip to main content

A letter to my daughter

My dearest baby girl Zoe!

You are two months old today! When they placed you on my chest for the first time, that moment – that memory is the most precious memory of my life. I have never known love so fierce, the way I feel for you and it deepens with every passing second. You are our blessing, a perfect gift from God.

First we had each other, then we had you and now we have everything 

Your smiles steal my breath, you laugh hard when I blow kisses! You purse your lips so tight when you dont’ want to have more milk – I think that is the cutest thing ever. You love it when your addy behaves like a clown and laugh making such funny, cute noises. Watching you sleep on his stomach is so beautiful, that it makes me tear up. You love placing your head on our shoulder and watching the world from that vantage point. I cant wait to see you walk and run and talk and come snuggle in our bed in the mornings and drag us to the pool each summer afternoon and watch your face light up while opening Christmas presents and sit with us for Diwali Poojas. Oh Zoe – I cant wait to teach you so many things and learn from you how to grow as a mother each day.

There are things that I want to tell you and hope you’ll remember as you grow older.

  • Your mumma and addy love each other a lot. Our home is a place built on love, respect and trust for each other. We hug a lot. And we dance a lot.
  • Spread your wings. Experience and enjoy all the wonderful things that the world has to offer. There is no limit to what you can get and let no one ever tell you that.
  • Be brave. Be bold. Dont let fear of failure or being judged stop you. Aim for the stars.
  • Love yourself.  Be kind. Be sensitive to the needs of others and don’t be afraid to raise your voice if you see wrong being done.
  • Always respect your elders and teachers.
  • Smile a lot. Laugh a lot. Dance a lot.
  • Believe in God. He always takes care of us. There is a little story that I remember from my childhood that I want to tell you – there will be days when everything is wonderful and that’s when God is walking besides you. There will be days when you are afraid to fall, that’s when God is walking in front of you or days when you are too afraid to take the next step, He will be behind you to help you go ahead. You will always see two sets of footprints in the sand. But on days when you are low, you may only see one set of foot prints – remember, that is when God is carrying you.

And most of all – remember that we love you a lot! Your addy told me that sometimes his eyes well up from the love he feels when he sees you. That made me cry. You are addy’s little girl and mumma’s doll! You bring so much happiness in our lives Zoe, that we cant contain it within us. We love you baby so much that there are not enough ways in the world or enough words in the dictionary to express that. We are always there for you.

You will be my baby … forever!

-Mumma

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360

Martha's Vineyard Getaway

Things we took for granted earlier, we truly value them now. Like weekend getaways. A quick load of essentials, stuffed into a weekender and jetting off somewhere far, yet close. Exploring destinations close to the backyard. Those have always been my reprise after long continuous tiring weeks. Never giving much thought, spur of the moment plans, to discover something new or simply for dolce far niƩnte .