Skip to main content

Quick and Easy Pancakes Recipe

Nothing says Saturday mornings like homemade pancakes and an extra lazy coffee/ tea in our house. Almost all Saturdays, the conversation in our house is something like this. The mister while walking down the stairs – “what are we having for breakfast”. Me – “pancakes”. Mister – “Awesome! I was hoping we were having pancakes” !

Now, one thing you need to know about me is that I love taking shortcuts in the kitchen. I am no gourmet chef who spends hours perfecting one dish – I want it quick! quick! quick! ( well.. except may be when I am very stressed! Then I am in the kitchen cooking up a storm. It is mostly Indian food then) So coming back to taking shortcuts, pleasing the husband’s cravings and starting the weekend with some delicious breakfast – I present to you my quick and easy pancakes recipe.

I recently changed the recipe that I was using for years by substituting the all purpose flour with wheat flour. The mister dint notice any difference – so that’s a winning change. Small changes in the diet go a long way. I also halved the sugar quantity that I used in my original recipe and use fruits ( lots of them ) and there’s always maple syrup to bring the sweetness.

Ingredients – Makes 3-4 fluffy pancakes

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour. I use this one – it is organic and great for pancakes
  • 1 tablespoon sugar.
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk.
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
  • 1 large egg
  • Optional : snickers broken into small pieces ( if you’ve had an especially tough week – go ahead, put in a good spoonful! you earned it! But for those of you trying to keep up with the resolutions – skip this step )
  • Assorted toppings, such as  maple syrup, confectioners’ sugar, honey, jams, whipped cream
  • Chopped fruits and nuts

Method :

  1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
  2. Mix egg, oil/butter and milk and whisk well. ( but not too much )
  3. On the skillet, pour about 3 tablespoons of batter.
  4. Flip carefully and cook until slightly browned on both sides.
  5. Serve warm with toppings of your choice

Note 1: I have tried the same recipe without the eggs and it worked no problem. The pancakes weren’t as fluffy but that dint take much away from the taste. I just adding a tad bit more milk – may be 2 tablespoons.

Note 2: Now for the shortcut secret. I keep a tin of the dry ingredients prepped up and ready for atleast a month’s supply. So on Saturday mornings, all I have to do is take one cup of my pre-prepped mixture and add the wet whisked ingredients and voila. Even if saves me 10 min of initial prep – that means 10 extra minutes to be lazy under the sheets. I don’t think Saturday mornings can get any batter than this =)) xo- Neha

P.S: Have you signed up for the fab giveaway yet?

 

 

 

 

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Are we friends yet? Sign up for the newsletter here 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.