Skip to main content

Creamy Smoothie Bowl

A big thank you to Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser for partnering on this post.  All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
LovePlayingDressup-Neha-Gandhi-slik-8

Saturday morning breakfasts are pretty special in our house. I am an early morning person and the mister is not – so music filling the house right after I get up is his alarm.  Then we get to preparing breakfast together.  That comes with a side of endless chatting, planning for the weekend agenda and some crazy dance moves ! I am going to tell you this and when he reads it – he is going to kill me. He has this dance move that he breaks into almost every time we are in the kitchen and pulls me into it and we both die laughing – sorry Amit!! but it is my favorite part about cooking together =))

Smoothie bowls are one of our go-tos for breakfast –  they are quick to prepare and delicious and filling.  I am not a big smoothie person, but smoothie bowls are different! Having a toppings bar makes it all the more interesting. Like making your own fro-yo – but without the guilt!LovePlayingDressup-Neha-Gandhi-slik-2LovePlayingDressup-Neha-Gandhi-slik-1

The key with smoothie bowls is to keep them thick so the toppings will hold. I like using a creamer to bring the required thickness. The Silk Almond Creamer is the best thing that could have happened to smoothie bowls – one because I am sort of on a non-dairy diet ( sort of because – I can’t leave my pizzas and once in a while cheat with fro-yos! – but for the most part, dairy does me no good ) and secondly (even if you are not on non-dairy diet) it lends this nutty flavor and a sweet aftertaste that is such a treat.LovePlayingDressup-Neha-Gandhi-slik-3

Outfit details : pinafore – similar here, white tshirt

By the way, Silk Creamers are dairy free, lactose free, gluten free, do not contain casein, eggs or peanuts, no artificial flavors or colors and have absolutely no cholesterol or saturated fat. These are all the buzz words which want me to put it on my grocery list when I am next headed next to Walmart ( where they are available) Silk-Walmart

LovePlayingDressup-NehaGandhi-slik-1Try adding this creamer to your coffee as well – I am telling you  it is the creaminess and nutty flavor again that elevates the drink. Amit is one of those coffee snobs who likes his coffee only a certain way, so when the creamer in his coffee  gets his thumbs-up, you know that is saying a lot!

Here’s the recipe for the Smoothie bowl – hope you enjoy it as much as we do!CreamySmoothieBowl_WithSilkCreamerLovePlayingDressup-NehaGandhi-slik-1-2

 

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360