Skip to main content

Playroom Gallery Wall

It took me a long time to finish this gallery wall ( well for now – is any decor in the house ever the final version? ) The reason I was slacking on the gallery wall is because I was actually afraid of taking up a gallery wall project. If you do a search on Pinterest for gallery walls – it is inundated with the most beautiful, editorial walls that seem almost impossible to recreate. There is no template, no rules to the order in which the frames should be organized!

Anyway, I really wanted to decorate  the wall with frames and took upon the project to figure out the code behind gallery walls – and if I couldn’t crack the code, create one! Hah!

Here’s the result and I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The frames are from Minted and here’s the code – by which I mean, the process I went about it.

// picking out the theme of the frames
Since the frames are for the playroom, the overall theme I wanted to go with – colorful, fun and telling a story.

//figuring out the layout
This one was a bit tricky because I wanted to visualize how the frames would look like once up. Also, that would help determine the size of each frame. After shortlisting the frames ( shortlisting them was another difficult step, because there are too many amazing options on Minted’s site! ) After picking out the frames – I took a screenshot of each frame and started organizing them in Microsoft Paint. That allowed me to play around with the size, scale and layout. It was like a virtual wall and that made picking out the size of each frame really easy.

// bringing order to what could easily look out-of-order
What helped was picking one piece that I wanted to be the focal print. That helped structure other pieces around it. Also – two things that would be the best tools while you work on the wall – creativity and dont-worry-too-much attitude. Honestly, considering how intimidated I was of taking up a gallery art project, I was really enjoying the process of creating it, getting creative and dint care so much about it looking like a magazine image, but more of something that reflects what I was going for. And that right there, is the code behind gallery walls that I was talking about. xo – Neha

 

The frames are from Minted, a brand that I hugely admire for their mission of providing a platform to creatives from around the world.  I highly recommend listening to the interview of the founder Miriam Naficy, on one of my favorite podcast shows – How I Built This. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360

Martha's Vineyard Getaway

Things we took for granted earlier, we truly value them now. Like weekend getaways. A quick load of essentials, stuffed into a weekender and jetting off somewhere far, yet close. Exploring destinations close to the backyard. Those have always been my reprise after long continuous tiring weeks. Never giving much thought, spur of the moment plans, to discover something new or simply for dolce far niƩnte .