Skip to main content

DIY POM POM GARLAND

I cannot believe I am writing a DIY post because I might be the least DIY-type person you’ll ever know. This pom-pom garland is the simplest project you can undertake, all you need are the right supplies. Four to be precise – pom-poms, a thread, needle, scissors. That’s it!

I am turning my old home-office room into Zoe’s playroom and I want to make it colorful and fun. The curtains in the room were plain white and I dint want to buy new curtains, so I decided to add a little pop using a pom-pom garland.  My mom calls it role-reversal, because she used to do a lot of arts and crafts for me and here I am making something for my daughter’s room! I love how the garland goes so well with the polka-dot decals I have on the wall. Here are the polka-dot decals that I used in lieu of wallpaper , which were extremely simple to apply and need no technique or pattern.

For the pom-pom garland, you’ll need a bag of pom-poms. I used the 2-inch ones, but you can use different sized ones as well and mix-match small/big ones as well. Single colored ones, stick to a 2-3 colors or pick multiple ones – there’s really no rule. Here’s a bag with assorted sizes and colors.

The thread that I used was one that I already at home for gift-wrapping and that worked perfectly. Here’s the thread I used, also available here on Amazon.

The needle has to be one with a big eye so the thread can pass through it. I got it from a local arts-supplies store.

Once you have the thread in the needle, make a small knot. See the image below.  Now pass it through the center of the pom-pom.

Note : See how only one layer of the thread is going through the pom-pom. Ensure it goes through the center, else the garland will have the pom-poms hanging asymmetrically.

Once you are done with the length you need, make a loop at the end of the thread, such that it will go on the hook or the nail you want to tie it to.

And that’s it. Simple, easy and pretty cute! xx – Neha

 

Supplies for the DIY Pom-Pom Garland

 pom-poms, thread, needle, scissors

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.