Skip to main content

Master Bedroom Tour

BedDressermirrored nightstandssimilar benchAntique wall mirrorsFloor lampGlitter throw pillowsdecorative floral boxes wall clock

I get so excited every time I share a room tour with you guys, whether it is a minor decor/seasonal update or a full reno. It took us a while to complete this room … because ummm.. baby! The process of gutting the room and completely redoing it was time-consuming but also so exciting. Before I take you through the tour, let me first tell you what this room was like.

We had a giant four poster bed in this room. And it wasn’t that I dint love it, I actually loved it a lot. But – it was way too big. And bulky. And so were the nightstands and the dresser. It was all taking up the entire room and moreover, I was always stubbing my foot in the night because there wasn’t much room left to walk between the bed frame and an awkwardly shaped section in the room. This made me really nervous with Zoe now. Things had to be changed soon.

It was just the perfect time to redo this room entirely. God know, it needed a paint makeover because when we had moved in, it was a shade of orange and we just never got around to taking that orange-ish shade off. Enter white. You all know, how much I love a clean white backdrop. I love how the white paint opens up the room, makes it look brighter, bigger, fresher, cleaner.

For the bed, I knew I wanted something white. May be I was so done with the old dark brown bed or may be I just really like what white does to a space. Color can always be added by means of throw blankets, pillows and other decor items in the room. If we are friends on Instagram and you happened to check out my stories while I was shopping at Raymour and Flanigan, you know how fun the shopping experience was. All those polls, conversations, selections, decor and design picks with you guys were so fun ( and helpful! ) I love the bed also because it has the velvet back. Amit and I are always working on our laptops in bed or watching TV late at night or reading – just having a nice soft back was a huge requirement.

We have shopped at Raymour and Flanigan in the past ( see some pieces in the decor archives ) and I cannot say enough good things about the quality and their commitment to service. To give an example of their excellent service – one of the pieces was delivered broken. It must’ve happened during shipping. I contacted the store to see how this could be replaced – they sent someone to pick it up, brought it a replacement in tandem. Helped me put it up in the room as well. I also received a follow-up call from the store to check in on the replacement. These little things are so important to me as a consumer. Their white-glove, in-home furniture delivery service within 3 days or less is super helpful. The furniture is delivered and is setup by the delivery team, thus taking out the hassle of moving around bulky pieces of furniture and figuring out the assembly.

Let’s talk about the dresser. It actually is from a different collection from the bed . But I was drawn to the glossy finish and mirror accents. Such is a chic piece of furniture but very sturdy and spacious. Instead of going for a traditional dresser mirror, I went with these antique finish decor mirror frames. ( I never use the mirror over the dresser anyway )

The mirrored nightstands add shine and glimmer and I think they’ll always be timeless. Since everything else  in the room is subtle, we added this overhead floor lamp and the oversized wall clock to bring some drama to the room.

Curtains can dramatically change how your space looks. I found these are blackout drapes but the heaviness is offset by the delicate tulle. Perfection!

And then there are the little trinkets, frames, flowers, books, candles, throw pillows … all that bring the room together and make it personal and calm and soothing and beautiful! Just the way I want the space where we unwind, relax and have fun ! xo Neha

Bed, Dresser, mirrored nightstands, similar bench, Antique wall mirrors, Floor lamp, Glitter throw pillows, decorative floral boxes ( kept on the dresser ), wall clock

 

Thank you to Raymour and Flanigan for partnering on this post. All expressed opinions are 100% my own.

 

 

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature
Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.