Skip to main content

Where we stayed - Barcelona Edition

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-7

What an incredible weekend it was! If you are following me on Instagram, you know Amit and I were in Rhode Island attending Style Week. I will be sharing outfits and stories in the posts to come, but today I wanted to share with you a few more details from our Spain-Portugal road trip. I am loving all the questions you guys are emailing me,  regarding traveling to Spain, visa questions, vegetarian food concerns, recommendations, etc – so keep them coming. I am re-living the experience as I write these posts and while answering all the emails =))

We stayed at the Alma Hotel in Barcelona. It is a 5-star boutique hotel with a minimalist approach. I got a chance to speak with their public relations manager and she shared the vision of the hotel that translates accurately in the understated decor yet impeccable service.

The moment you step in, the lobby says it all!

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-featured-12

The hotel is situated in the most convenient location in the city – close pretty much all popular attractions and in the heart of the popular shopping district. Barcelona is so full of life – restaurants bustling till the wee hours of the morning, offering great eats, entertainment and unexpected architectural gems on the streets – so being in a central location is going to be really helpful.

Another highlight was the breakfast buffet. A plethora of healthy and indulgent options, vegetarian included and churros for breakfast are not to be missed.LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-6

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-5 LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-4

There is a rooftop terrace-bar with beautiful views of the city which is fairly common in Barcelona, but the garden cafe deserves a special mention. I loved sitting there and reading while my boys ( the mister and my brother) enjoyed the indoor pool.

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-featured-1

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-featured-2

If you know me or have been reading this blog for a while, you know one of my favorite things about staying in a hotel is turn down service. I know, it’s not something many people care about – but in my books, the hotel garners an extra star just for that. Dont ask me why! =)) Turn down service here, gets you yummy cocoa bars that sweeten the deal!

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-alma-barcelona-spain-hotel-blogger-review-hotels-to-stay-in-10

Some of the other places we got good vegetarian food in Barcelona are Faborit Cafe ( I had shared the cute cafe on my Instagram ), Rosa Negra ( and they do serve some mean margaritas ), Qu Qu for Tapas and Bombay spicy for your spicy food cravings.

You can read previous posts with details from our Spain adventures here and feel free to email me with any questions you might have while planning your trip – xo Neha

Images 2,6,7 – source

 

Special thanks for Alma Hotels for hosting us – all opinions are my own

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.