Skip to main content

Letters to Zoe - The Book

Shop the Post

Sequins dress – Adrianna Papell

Decor : hanging chair, lanterns, fairy lights, white-silver tree skirt, white flocked tree

Book – created using Mixbook

I am so excited and emotional at the same time as I write this post. I had started writing letters to Zoe the day she came into this world and had been thinking of how I can have them all in one place. In a book perhaps. I have this vision that when she’s grown up – she’ll open this book and read the letters that her mumma had written for her as she was growing up. A keepsake. A trip down the memory lane. Love letters from a mother to her daughter.

You can imagine my excitement when I came across Mixbook. A website that allows you to create an album with your pictures, letters… providing a place to document the special moments. It gives me immense happiness to partner with Mixbook and share this powerful design tool to create customizable photo products. Baby photo books, holiday cards, a calendar with your trip pictures  – the options are endless and so fun. Imagine making one for a friend or a family member as a gift – so unique and special!

For my Letters to Zoe book, I chose the linen template for the cover of the book and for each page, I pretty much used a custom style depending on the photos and the content I had chosen. The flexibility to edit is amazing. It was such a fun experience while creating the book, going through all our photos, Zoe’s milestones in the first year, the trips we had taken, the pictures with family.

Each page of the book is dedicated to a special memory.
// pictures taken at the hospital
// my letters to her on her first year birthday months
// trips we took together in the year
// the memorable firsts : rolled over, first visit to the temple, even a picture capturing our last day of breast feeding ( sob sob )
// a picture with every member of the family
// pictures of her napping on us. I especially love those ones of Zoe and Amit together. She’s such an addy’s girl!
// celebrating festivals, first mother’s day
// my favorite first birthday party pictures

When the book arrived, I was so emotional holding it in my hands, flipping through the pictures, reading the letters.

 

This is something we should do more often – create physical photo books. Capture the memories in books that we can sit and flip through. May be one for the year or for special occasions or memorable trips or just random candid moments that we are constantly capturing on our phones. What do you think? xo Neha

 

Shop the Post

Sequins dress – Adrianna Papell

Decor : hanging chair, lanterns, fairy lights, white-silver tree skirt, white flocked tree

Book – created using Mixbook

 

A big Thank You to Mixbook for partnering on this post. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360