Skip to main content

Baby you are three months old today

Zoe, you are a big girl now! Three months old today… You are our Christmas tree topper … the angel who brings love and blessings every moment in our lives. Today I want to tell you about some values that I grew up with and that your addy and I believe in.

Be respectful. We light lamps on Diwali and we also put up a tree on Christmas. We eat sevai ( dessert ) on eid and throw colors on Holi. Don’t let any worldly factors create biases in your life. Look at the beautiful side of diversity and different perspectives, there is so much to learn, enjoy and celebrate.

Be a good friend.  If there is someone in your school who is being left out, go and include them. If on the bus someone doesn’t have a friend to sit with, be that friend who doesn’t let anyone sit alone. Share your toys, your cookies. And give big hugs.

Be kind. Be sensitive to the needs of others. But first – love yourself first. Love yourself unabashedly and respect yourself. Be your favorite person! And then you will see Zo, that the world will automatically feel like a beautiful place to be in.

Happy three month birthday, baby girl.

Love, Mumma.

And here’s a message from your Addy –

Happy 3 month bday Zoe, I love you so much. Be Brave and do not worry about anything in life. You just dream to achieve what you want and you will get it – Never give up.

Respect your elders and love everyone around you.

Addy.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.