Skip to main content

Weekend Getaway in Woodstock, Vermont

Shop the outfits in the post 

Well hello there … it has been a while since we met! And I take full responsibility for that transgression. These last two weeks are probably the most silence these pages have seen and I feel terrible about that. Work has been crazy lately at office, early mornings – late nights and by the time you are done with dinner, you are falling asleep on the couch. You know those days?

What I am trying to say is – I am back and I missed these pages and all you guys. Although I wasn’t off on a vacation, I have a fun getaway to share that we took a couple of weeks ago. To Woodstock, in Vermont. Now if you have been to Woodstock, you know why this little town is known to be one of America’s prettiest towns. And if you haven’t – think of a quaint town, Victorian mansions, lush farms, a town square bustling with people who all seem to know each other, plethora of charming inns and everything enclosed by mountains.

We stayed at the 506 on the River. A legacy in itself, the boutique inn has been voted one of New England’s best hotels. The weekend we were there was one with record low temperatures, so being holed up in a coziness was very much welcome.

And fed with fresh farm to table style food with the hospitality that New England is famous for!

You all know my love ( more like weakness ) for s’mores and we did try to do them in that weather where winds were blowing and cold was seeping into our bones. Amit withstood the weather for 2 pictures ( that’s a legit metric – ask any blogger! ) while I braved it for atleast a few s’mores. He was although very grateful for the indoor heated pool, as for me –  hot chocolate with marshmallows – is there anything else more synonymous with winter?

I was obsessed with the antique decor pieces all over the property! Such unique pieces, conveying the history of this place.

I wont lie – I was tempted to snag one of those typewriters ..oops =))

How beautiful is this restaurant inside the inn!

It is said that, no matter what season – a trip to Woodstock is a treat. I’d love to go back in the fall next time. The pictures online are gorgepus and I bet this inn being on the river with mountains as its backdrop will make for the perfect getway even then. xo Neha

 
 
 

A huge thank you to 506 on the River for hosting us.

 
 
 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Are we friends yet? Sign up for the newsletter here 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.