Skip to main content

Fall Wardrobe Essentials

falloutfit-poncho-otkboots

The weather here in Boston has been so beautiful off late. It is mid November and so unseasonably warm for New England. Infact, the mister and I grabbed dinner Al Fresco ( at this time of the year! ),  last night at The Local ( definitely recommended if you are from around Boston )

I love dressing for this in between weather – the layers, the textured outerwear, booties, faux-fur .. I have put together a list of pieces I think make for Fall wardrobe essentials.

Plaid : Plaid is just as synonymous with Fall as are pumpkin pies, apple coder donuts and a roaring fire. Whether it is a classic plaid shirt ( I am loving the print on this one ) or a cape or a plaid skirt – you just have to pay homage to Fall with some plaid.

Blanket scarf : If you don’t have one yet – you need to jump on the bandwagon … stat! Who doesn’t like to be all cozied up in a blanket all day. Being one of the most common trends almost every fall – that makes this accessory available in so many styles, prints and prices! And also its versatility makes it a closet staple because you can wear it in so many ways.

Here are some blanket scarves – all below $5o

Over the knee boots : I cannot even begin to tell you how much I adore these style of boots. They make you look taller and your legs slimmer. If you a petite girl like yours truly, then you know what a difference these little tricks can make. These are many options out there, again in varying price point.

Chunky as well as Layering Sweaters : You cannot have too many sweaters. Considering that the mercury will be dropping soon, you are going to need those knits for layering and will be wearing them all through Spring. I like to have a few not too chunky ones in my closet like this one and this one for layering on a vest or a light jacket. I also keep some turtleneck tops (or thermals) as they are just perfect for throwing under any jacket , scarf or blazer from your closet.  A black and white one will be good to get you going and if like me, you like all things striped – then this one is really cute. I also love chunky knits that keep you warm and cozy – how cute is this one.

Hair Accessory: A woolen hat or a cute beanie can adorn a simple outfit. I used to be wary of wearing hats thinking that they were either too dressy or my head is too small to carry them well ( I know.. silly =)) ) but now I find myself donning them time and again. Besides, you will have use for a “BadHairDay” beanie =))

Here are some of my recent Fall looks – I have added all outfit details below each picture. xo Neha

Loving the weather lately - atypical for November but I am not complaining wearing my favorite blazer - such a cute shade of pink & can be easily dressed up / dressed down Happy Thursday http://liketk.it/2pzJF @liketoknow.it #liketkit @nordstromPink Blazer, pullover, 7fam skinny jeans – budget option here, OTK boots

loveplayingdressup-pinkponcho-otkboots-fallootdPink poncho here & herejeans, OTK boots, bag

loveplayingdressup-concord-trench-coat-1Olive duster, metallic gold booties

14733245_1817949325090561_552161296221470720_nRain parka, sweater, denim leggings, hunter boots, cozy socks, beanie, lipstick

loveplayingdressup-plaid-burlington-1turtleneckplaid cape , lipstick, bag 

loveplayingdressup-burlington-mall-11white top, vest, lipstick

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.