Skip to main content

Ashford Castle, Ireland

loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13-5

 

First off, who was awake last night watching the election results unfold?  Little did anyone anticipate it to be such a close run and the OUTCOME!!

Coming to today’s post, I wanted the first detailed entry in my Ireland travel diary (our high level itinerary and trip overview is here) to be that of one of the best days we had during the trip. A day at the Ashford Castle!

ashfordcastle-1

Ashford Castle was hands-down one of the prettiest places we visited in Ireland. The exterior of the castle is breathtaking and surrounding the castle are beautifully manicured gardens with fountains and some serious Instagram/Pinterest worthy views. Like I mentioned in the overview, the entry inside the castle ( which has been converted into a hotel ) is open only to hotel guests. But by some stroke of luck ( and self infused charm!  ), we were able to go inside the hotel!  I just checked at the entrance, if we could go inside for drinks and grabbing a bite. Keep that trick in your back-pocket when you visit – you are welcome =))

loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13-6

We dint take any pictures inside the hotel out of respect for privacy that the hotel requests but I did sneak in some InstaStories. Were you following along? The hotel interiors reminded me of the Newport Mansions but with much more grandeur. Amit actually did a lot of drone photography there, which I am super excited about. I still have to sort through lots of videos, edit and upload them. Stay tuned for that.

loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13-3 loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13-4 loveplayingdressup-ashford-castle-1

It turned out to be a really chilly day but I wasn’t complaining because it was the perfect opportunity to don my new coat from Wilsons Leather, that I got just a few days prior to leaving for the trip. I am obsessed with the ombre hue.  The faux-fur on the collar feels really luxe and my favorite part – it doesn’t shed like some of the other faux-fur pieces I’ve had in the past.

loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-12loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13loveplayingdressup-ireland-ashford-castle-13-7

The knit on this one is pretty thick, I just love how cozy yet chic it feels. I also adore the fit and the length of the jacket, perfect for wearing over jeans and dresses just the same. It is definitely one of those shades that will stand out in my closet and I know, I will be reaching for it time and again throughout the season. xo Neha

 

Shop the Post

Thank you to Wilsons Leather for partnering on this post by means of compensation and product. All opinions are my own.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.