Skip to main content

Spain-Portugal Road Trip Itinerary and Video Diary

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-spain-portugal-roadtrip-4I haven’t been everywhere, but it is on my list – Susan Sontag

Today, I wanted to share this little video recap I made stitching together all my snapchat clips from our Spain-Portugal trip – which we took late in December last year . I know it is super delayed – but then what will you say, when I post a recap of my trip from last summer later this month =)) 

I have to tell you though that while I was snap-chatting then, I hadn’t thought about creating a video and hence the portrait layout ( not covering the entire screen ) I am kicking myself for not thinking about it earlier! I hope you enjoy it nevertheless.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKQzXcCP044

Some of you asked me for our road trip itinerary – here goes. You can read about where we stayed and all trip related posts here and as always – send me an email with any questions you might have if you are planning a trip yourself.

  1. Flew into Barcelona from Boston – 3.5 days in Barcelona.
  2. We rented a car in Barcelona on the last day there – you can take the train or a cab while in Barcelona. Everything is pretty well-connected and in a small vicinity
  3. Drove to Morella – this is a small Spanish village off the beaten path. It was something that we really wanted to experience – the core culture in the villages, untouched by commercial tourism! It was a difficult drive for a small portion, but totally worth it. You can read about this visit here.
  4. Spent a day exploring Morella.
  5. Headed to Valencia. I wasn’t completely enamored by this city to be honest. We spent 2 days here – 1 day would have been enough. The L’Oceanogràfic oceanairium is definitely worth stopping for and not to be missed.
  6. After Valencia, we drove to Portugal.
  7. Spent 3 days in Lisbon. Funny story — I wasn’t at all keen on visiting Portugal. We had just been to Prague a few months ago and in the pictures it all looked the same. Instead, I wanted to drive to Nice ( southern France) after Barcelona. But eventually due to the travel restrictions to France in December, we rehashed our course and chose Portugal. I am glad that we did end up going to Portugal – I absolutely loved this country!!
  8. Took a day trip to Sintra – Now this was the highlight of the trip. I wish we would have spent that one day from Valencia here. I just couldn’t get enough of this town. You simply must go to the “end of the world” – the westernmost point of Europe, Cabo da Roca.
  9. From Portugal, we drove back to Spain, into Seville. 2 days in Seville. This was my favorite Spanish town.
  10. Then we drove to Madrid. Dropped off the car there. Spent 2 days in Madrid and flew out from here.

LovePlayingDressup-neha-gandhi-spain-portugal-roadtrip-1

You know how we always read and hear from people to enjoy the journey and not worry so much about the destination – I think that is one thing I have learnt from the backpacking and road-trip type trips that we’ve taken. It will never be possible to see very city, tourist attraction or  every country for that matter. But enjoying every little bit of where you are is what matters at the end. You wouldn’t remember the places you couldn’t visit but the ones you did – will remain with you! xo – Neha

 

 

 

 

LoveNehaGandhiSignature

Follow along for behind the scene dressup moments : InstagramFacebookTwitterPinterest & get Love Playing Dressup updates directly to your inbox by subscribing to the newsletter here.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

Secrets to a Beauty Sleep + a Mattress Giveaway

When it comes to healthy living, a good night’s sleep is simply a must. They don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.