Skip to main content

THE NIGHTS AND DAYS MIGHT SEEM LONG, BUT THE YEARS ARE SHORT

 

The drives are long, when you cry in the car seat
But the years are short, soon you’ll be at the wheel not needing to hold my hand in the car,

The days are long, when work is piling and you are being clingy
But the years are short, and you’ll soon be typing away your own,

The kitchen is messy and cooking is hard when you want to be held
But the years are short and you’ll be rushing away from the dinner table to be with your friends,

The nights are long when you refuse to sleep and want to be rocked
But the years are short and you won’t need my lullabies anymore,

The times are tough when you are sick and it hurts so much to see you in pain
But the years are short, so let me not complain
For you’ll grow up soon and will fly away.

Let me hold on these hugs
Let me take away your pain
Cook and work with you on my lap
Rock you all night, Till you feel like yourself again

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360