Skip to main content

5 Minute Makeup Routine

Before I share my 5-minute make-up routine, I feel like you should know that I am not a big fan of applying a million different products on my face. I am also not big into following the latest makeup trends. If I am being honest, I couldn’t contour to save my life. haha! And getting that precise winged liner – I never even bothered to try that. I am what they call the low-maintenance make up girl but who likes to look put together always. So if you feel the same – I am telling you, this tutorial is for you. These are my go-to everyday makeup products, tried and tested to give the made up look that isn’t too made-up.

// Primer : I had never tried a primer until last year but when I did, I have never started my makeup without it. Love this one. It creates this smooth base and gives a base shine, which is great if you aren’t going to be caking too much product on top. Take about a dime size product, rub in yiur hands and apply on the face. I love this primer , on most days I simply apply the primer and just some setting powder.  You can skip the foundation/blush/bronzer and still have enough glow.

//Foundation : My favorite drugstore foundation is the L’Oreal True Match. It has amazing coverage, literally 2 drops on the brush and it good for the entire day. I love their wide range of color selection, making it easier to find a color that works with your complexion. My shade is Honey Beige. Use a blending brush and apply in circular motions.  The Bare Minerals Powder foundation is another one I really like. It doesn’t create the smile creases that sometimes the liquid foundation leaves. The color I use is Warm Tan  – this one is slightly warmer than my skin tone, so it also gives a little bronzer effect. I use this brush for the powder foundation – it helps with even coverage.

//Setting Powder : I have been using the Mac NC42 since forever and it continues to be my go-to. Like I mentioned above, most days, especially when going to work in the morning, I just use the primer and this powder. Apply with the powder brush and dust lightly. Don’t forget the curve of the nose and forehead.

//Blush : I am obsessed with the Bobby Brown brick. It leaves a subtle shimmer, which is not over the top, so it is good to wear to work as well . It gives such a nice rosy look. Use the blush brush and apply in a sweeping motion from the cheekbones towards the corner of the eye. I even use the brick as eye shadow at times. Same product – different uses =))

//Bronzer : Because I am pretty tanned / darker complexion anyway, I personally don’t like the extra bronze-ness that a bronzer gives. But I do like the sun-kissed look at the same time. So occasionally I use the bronzer and apply very little on the cheek bones ( similar to the blush ) and also on the forehead, nose and jawline. Use the bronzer brush. This is the bronzer I use.

//Kohl/liner : You’d rarely see me without kohl in my eyes. Applying kohl (kajal) is such an integral part of Indian makeup, that growing up I just have always loved it . This kohl-cream is my absolute favorite one – the small box lasts for months and it comes with a sleek brush to apply. You dont have to have the artistic bone to even apply this like with a liner. ( I told you, I am pretty low maintenance and not a beauty nerd – the simple the better =)) )

//Mascara : I don’t wear mascara on a regular basis , mostly because I am either wearing sunglasses or in work meetings all day. But for any evening events – I love wearing it. These are some of my favorites – Benefit they’re real, Givenchy Noir interedit, Loreal Voluminous

//Lipstick : No look is complete without a little lip color. I’ll do a separate post on the lipsticks that I use, but whichever is your preference – lip gloss, tinted lip balm or a lipstick – it is always a good idea.  I always prefer color on my lips over on the cheeks or eyes.

 

Dress – Adrianna Papell, Vanity table, Wallpaper, Bag shelf

Dressing Room Tour 

Make-up products : Primer, Liquid Foundation, Powder Foundation Blush, Bronzer, Kohl cream, Foundation brush, powder brush, blush brush, eye shadow brush 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Reinvent Giving with HP Spectre X360

Martha's Vineyard Getaway

Things we took for granted earlier, we truly value them now. Like weekend getaways. A quick load of essentials, stuffed into a weekender and jetting off somewhere far, yet close. Exploring destinations close to the backyard. Those have always been my reprise after long continuous tiring weeks. Never giving much thought, spur of the moment plans, to discover something new or simply for dolce far niƩnte .