Skip to main content

What's Happening

I have had this idea for a post series for quite a long time. I keep this google document where I put in all the ideas that I have for posts, captions, articles that I loved reading and have bookmarked to reference in future or share. Basically, it’s a big document with many many tabs.

Before I get to the post, let me tell you where the idea for this post series came about. There is always so much I want to share with you – books I am reading, movies and shows we are watching, upcoming plans, a new face mask that I tried and loved, a podcast episode, an article that inspired me … just about everything that I would share with a friend. Something that I would want you to know. Every time I sit down to write, I feel that I am talking to a friend. That is what made me want to start the series.

So every Friday, I’ll have a round-up of some of my favorites for you. Or atleast, I’ll try to keep up with every Friday. At times, life gets so crazy that I don’t get the time to sit down and write. I hate that but rather that putting a post that has half my effort and heart, I prefer putting something out there that I feel good about. And I’d love to know what are some things that you are loving at that moment. Sound good?

Let’s go.

Currently Listening : If you have been a reader for some time or follow me on Instagram, you know I am a big fan of podcasts. I will soon do a post on my favorites – but for now, the Misty Copeland episode on Boss Files by Poppy Harlow is one that I loved. It’ll move you, inspire you, give you an insight into the world of ballet. I love Poppy Harlow as a host and Misty Copeland (first African-American principal ballet dancer) is such a wonderful guest, her confidence, her optimism, her journey to get where she is today, her love for dance and mission – it’s a good dialog.

Currently Reading : Started reading The Magnolia Story. I havent seen the TV show of the couple, but saw their home decor collection in Target over the holidays and was intrigued when I saw the book. I love reading about people’s journey – this one seems to be a nice, light read.

New found love for this brand. I am loving their styles and price points even more and placed a big order last night. Love this dress for work and dinners when you want to show up all dressed up.

Interesting stuff Pumped up to put more effort on this Abs workout that is more effective than situps. And no equipment needed.

We are in serious need for some good TV show recommendations. I havent found something that I love and want to binge on, in a very long time. It is so hopeless that I have re-started watching The Office for the third time. Please send suggestions. I am desperate.

The most classic pair of earrings you will have in your collection. Nothing says sophisticated like pearls.

Love this mask. I have been using it since forever and always keep going back to it.

I am a big nerd when it comes to personalized things. These graphic printed towels and napkins have a nice contemporary charm to them. I love putting cool things in the guest bathroom and also got a few pairs for holiday gifts.

4 day work week – this is an topic that the industry has been playing around with. Loved reading this experiment, although I think it’ll take a long time for this to become a norm, if at all.  Do you think that companies will start embracing them?

This weekend, we’ll be taking it easy. Have a dinner planned with friends and a birthday party to attend. We’ll probably spend a lot of time in the pool – we close the pool at the beginning of September, so just a few weeks left. Which tells me, summer is fleeting. Ahhh!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Family Vacation Snapshots + a Giftcard Giveaway

Shop the Post  JavaScript is currently disabled in this browser. Reactivate it to view this content.

READING TIME WITH ZOE - OUR FAVORITE BOOKS ( AT 18 MONTHS )

When I was pregnant with Zoe, I would call my mom with questions about being pregnant, about her experience and stories about raising my brother and I,  and all the million questions that a pregnant/new mom would typically have. I specifically remember asking her how did I learn to love books so much? How did they imbibe the passion for reading in me. To which mom had said – you can’t teach your kid to be passionate about something but you give them the tools, encouragement and set an example.