Skip to main content

BOOKS I READ IN 2020

I did a run-through of all the books I read last year and guess what … the number is 27! I read 27 books last year. This makes me just so excited. I love coming across new ( for me ) authors or a new book by an author that I have loved reading in the post and am always looking for recommendations for my next read. Even though I barely read 15 minutes a day, I truly cherish that little window in my day.

Below is a roundup of the books I read in 2020. I’ve categorized them differently compared to last year’s list based on feedback I received to make it easier to identify the genre.

1. The last flight : a novel / Julie Clark

    • Genre : Fiction, Mystery, Suspense
    • A+

This one kept me up late in the nigh on a weekday and I am not mad about it. Very much a page-turner.

2. In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic, Friendship
    • A+

My mom recommended this one! I devoured this in 2 nights over the holidays. Love the female friendship angle in this book.

3. The Guest List by Lucy Foley

    • Genre : Fiction, Suspense, Thriller
    • A+

After I read this book, my instant thought was – this needs to be a movie! So much drama, suspense, revenge, relationship dynamics. Pick this up if you are in mood for a thriller.

4. The Scent Keeper by Erica Bauermeister

    • Genre : Fiction
    • A+

Its such a beautifully written story, a story of hidden secrets, coming of age, living in a world different from the usual, finding the usual world, finding secrets from the past. Loved this one.

5. Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis

    • Genre : Fiction, Suspense, Family, Female Protagonist
    • A+

It’s a story two strong women from two different generations connected by their family ties but also by their relationship with books. It involves a heist, a history of hidden secrets, of going at lengths to find oneself and for family. I was very invested in the story and the older protagonist’s story.

6. Park Avenue Summer by RenƩe Rosen

    • Genre : Fiction, Glamour, Female Protagonist
    • A+

A book with the backdrop of New York, coming to the big city and following your dreams.

7. The light we lost / Jill Santopolo

      • Genre : Fiction, Romantic
      • A

8. The flatshare / Beth O’Leary

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic, Light Read
    • A

9. The widows of Malabar Hill : a mystery of 1920s Bombay / Sujata Massey

    • Genre : Historical Fiction , Mystery
    • A

This story is based with the backdrop of old Bombay,

10. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

    • Genre : Fiction
    • A

11. Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic
    • A

12. If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic, Light Read
    • A

13. One Plus One by Jojo Moyes

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic
    • A

A sweet story filled with struggles of a mother managing her kids and keeping her life afloat and of crossing paths, and an adventurous road trip, romance filled with ups and down. This was a Christmas movie in a book.

14. The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi

    • Genre : Fiction, Female Protagonist
    • A

15. The Unlikely Adventures of the Shergill Sisters by Balli Kaur Jaswal

    • Genre: Fiction, Family
    • A

16. Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

    • Genre: Fiction, Race
    • A

17. The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian

    • Genre : Fiction, Thriller
    • A

18. The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic, Light Read
    • A

19. The Guest Cottage by Nancy Thayer

    • Genre : Fiction, Light Read
    • A-

20. The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian

    • Genre : Fiction, Suspense
    • A-

21. Do you mind if I cancel? : (things that still annoy me) / Gary Janetti

    • Genre : Satire
    • A-

22. The two lives of Lydia Bird : a novel / Josie Silver

    • Genre : Fiction, Romantic, Family
    • B+

23. Mistress of the Ritz : a novel / Melanie Benjamin

    • Genre : Historical Fiction
    • B

24. A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza

    • Genre : Fiction, Family
    • B

25. The Guest Room by Chris Bohjalian

    • Genre : Fiction, Thriller
    • B-

26. What happens in paradise : a novel / Elin Hilderbrand

    • Genre : Fiction
    • B-

27. The Matchmaker’s List by Sonya Lalli

    • Genre : Fiction, Family
    • B-

 

My 2019 reading list is posted here.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Big Secret and a Very Personal Story

There has been a big secret that I have been keeping from all of you and bursting at the seams to share !!

Martha's Vineyard Getaway

Things we took for granted earlier, we truly value them now. Like weekend getaways. A quick load of essentials, stuffed into a weekender and jetting off somewhere far, yet close. Exploring destinations close to the backyard. Those have always been my reprise after long continuous tiring weeks. Never giving much thought, spur of the moment plans, to discover something new or simply for dolce far niĆ©nte . 

Letter to my Daughter on my first Mother's Day

My sweetest, dearest Zoe – It is my first Mother’s Day! Everyone has been asking me what are we going to do today, how is your addy going to make it special for mumma, what will Zoe give mumma, will I be spoiling myself by going for a massage or getting manicure done, will I be sleeping in late? But you know what Zoe, I don’t want to go for a massage or get up late. I really really look forward to you waking us up in the morning and me bringing you in our bed so we can play and scream and make noises. So you can tap addy on his face while he tries to get a few minutes of extra sleep. I want to start today and everyday in the same way … with all the cuddles. I don’t want your addy to give me anything special or make me breakfast this morning. What your addy does for your mumma, for us , everyday is in itself the most special thing. He treats mumma like it is mother’s day every single day. He doesn’t have to do something just today, because he there isn’t much that he doesn’t do everyday